Sunday, April 19, 2009

Living Room






The living room is the first room I worked on, mostly because I knew exactly what I wanted to do in there. When I was re-upholstering our couch at this time last year I found this fabric that I really loved for curtains and pillows in the living room, and picked the couch fabric from there, and I always wanted yellow walls to go with all of it...but since we live in a boring beige apartment....well...the walls are boring and beige. So I picked a bright and cheery yellow for the living room walls. It took some getting used t...cause it is quite bright, but I'm totally in love with it now. And the curtains I just took over from our apartment and hung as-is...so they're long. I need to hem them, but what do you think, a couple of inches...or a couple of feet? I love the fabric so much that I don't mind them being way longer than the window...but Jason thinks it's odd that they're long when the window is so little.

So give me your opinions...long or short on the curtains?

After next weekend hopefully there will be furniture in there to show you!

3 comments:

  1. I'm diggin the colors! The curtains look great! I would just take a couple inches. Lots of people do long curtains with shorter windows. It would be sad to take that much fabric off of them! I don't remember if you said that you guys are wanting to replace the carpet or not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We definitely want to replace the carpet before Hannah is here...but it's ok for right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them long, and I have an idea from Candace Olson!!! One time she put a mirror under a short window to make it look like there was more window space than there really was. The mirror was the same size as the window above. Not sure how you feel about mirrors, but it looked cool in her space. In any case, I'm still liking the longer curtains.

    ReplyDelete