Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dining Room




The next room I painted was actually the bedroom....but...I don't have pictures of it, so this is the dining room. I wanted to do something that would go nicely with the living room, since they're connected, but still something different. All my china cabinet stuff is pink and green...and since green works a little better with the living room decor (and Jason is not as much of a fan of pink as I am), that is what we went with. Jason helped me pick the color of the room...and originally we had chosen the color that we ended up with...but then I doubted it...and somehow we ended up going with the BRIGHTER green....which Jason liked, but it was just TOO green for me, so after two days of painting it BRIGHT green I went back and got the paint a shade lighter and re-did the whole thing.

So the first picture up there is after I started painting the lighter color over the brighter color. Even after the lighter green I wasn't sure I liked it, so I decided I needed to make a little trip to JoAnn's for some fabric, and found this green and cream stuff that I loved, and whipped up the curtains...after getting the curtains up I liked the color way better...I also think that once there's stuff in the room the green won't be so overwhelming.

Jason said that he doesn't think having long curtains on a short window is odd...he just thought it was weird to have long curtains in the living room and short ones in the dining room. ...but I think I kinda like it. :) Variety is the spice of life.

5 comments:

  1. I'm digging the curtains! Nathan would never go for bright colors but I think it works for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need more house pictures! I know you've been working on things and not posting about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will...I've only got two days left to get the apartment cleaned out...maybe next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I guess that's acceptable! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the curtains and wall! I like the more muted green better too.

    ReplyDelete